ABOUT THE MUSEUM
- Not-for-profit organisation filling a gap in demand by creating a major tourist attraction in Mareeba
- This will stimulate an interest in aviation & STEM careers.
- Run by members of the community
- Registered with the Australian Charities & not for profit commission
- Member of the Australian Aviation Museum National Network, Member of Australian Galleries & Museum’s Association (AGAMA), FNQ Volunteers.
- Tax Deductible Gift Recipient for all donations made over $2.
our local aviation history and artefacts
the public using interactive and captivating world class displays
using varied learning experiences to cater for all ages
aircraft, engines, artefacts and other local aviation related history assets.
The Museum will display history to the public through stories & provide a place for the local groups & tourists to meet at the airport. This venue will facilitate local historians to undertake research & reveal untold stories of the past.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The FNQAM Board of Directors is made up of a mix of aviation, WWII history enthusiasts & locals with a diverse range of professional backgrounds including auditing & financially, building, museum & flight operations.
Mareeba in WW2 featuring aircraft & the squadrons that were based in the area.
Restoration & storage facility
Dedicated restoration & education facility